Sunday, September 23, 2012

Administrative Nightmare

An excerpt from an email I sent my boss.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent...

"I had a dream (I mean nightmare) that I was at the upcoming reception/dinner and there were only 12 people in attendance. We were in a huge room with mostly empty tables except for two. I couldn’t figure it out and then realized what had happened -- I hadn’t invited anyone! I then went to the washroom pondering what had happened and walked into the men’s washroom instead, “Hello, Mr. Harper.” Drat’s! That’s not how I wanted to meet the Prime Minister of Canada.

When I did find the ladies washroom my sister was there and we were talking about how it happened that I could have forgotten to invite any guests. I didn’t want to go back in the room and finally decided I was going to stay in the washroom for the rest of the evening. I woke up in a cold sweat, thinking it had actually happened…

I obviously have that on my mind so sometime today I will be sending out a request to the management team asking them for ideas on who to invite and to please keep an eye out for me on the night of the dinner that I don’t stray into the men’s washroom."

No comments: