Saturday, January 16, 2010

Revolving door trouble

I hate revolving doors and today I have a good reason. 

They do have a purpose I suppose.  Up here in Canada when it is really cold, they keep the cold out because you don't have to open and close the door all the time. Maybe I'm a little paranoid about it, but I usually avoid them.  Except today... 

When I went to go outside at noon, there were signs on the doors that said in big black letters "Use Revolving Doors" so what else could I do?  When I pushed on the door I felt a jerk from behind and the next thing I know there was a woman beside me and we were in the same space.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. 

We just looked at each other and she knew she had done something wrong, but what could we do about it, we were both stuck in there.  Unless you've ever been stuck in a revolving door with a complete stranger, you have no idea how hard it is to get out and how awkward it is because you don't know the person.  And did I mention she didn't speak English. We had to take baby steps in unison until we were finally free... 

It seemed like we were in there for minutes, but it was probably only seconds.  We did have a good laugh about it when we got out and I'm sure the people who saw us in there enjoyed watching too.  Sheesh!

3 comments:

Lynn Crosbie said...

I too hate revolving doors for this very reason. Most people don't understand the revolving door phobia, so it's nice to have a fellow "revolvingdooraphobic" in the midst ha ha

Patricia Robb said...

Yesterday, I went to go out the revolving door and someone tried to come in the wrong side, but scooted out as soon as she saw me. Geez, revolving doors should come with directions.

Double Glazing Coventry said...

I also experienced that being stack with another person in a revolving door. It feels quite awkward and doing tiny steps until both of you were free. I guess revolving are places where people are not in rush and in private area.